|Pendick's Farmhouse is thought to have originated as a longhouse,
probably during the C16th, and that the living end was raised and
rebuilt internally in 1667 and the byre converted to a kitchen.
One of the first owners of the house was William Neale snr., who in
January 1700 raised a mortgage of £400 on the house which included 12
acres near the house, 2 acres of orchard at Cutt's Gate, and a further
21 acres elsewhere in the parish. Over the years owners have
included:- William Neale jnr. 1700-1713; Richard Francombe 1713; Thomas
Emerson 1713-1720; Rachel Russell 1720-1789, Thomas Russell 1789-1821;
William Penduck 1825-1863; Rev. George Taswell 1863-1868; John Smith
1873; Richard Hobbs Smith 1873-1920; John Henry King 1920-1943; Ivie
King 1943-1969; Jotcham and Kendall 1943-1969, Frederick Pearson 1970.