Hill Farm, Itchington




Hill Farm, a Grade II listed building with an impressive range of farm buildings, was let throughout the 18th Century to a Smith, of the farming family prominent both then and into the next century. It was sold from the de Broke estate in 1828 to John Salmon, who resold in 1843 to Rev. T G Hulbert, who kept it to the end of the century. Tenanted most of this time, in 1881 a farm baliff was employed, a sign of the difficulty in finding tenants at that time of the depression. At the turn of the century, John Vimpany and Edward Drewett were the tenants, and by 1914 the Camery family, Joshua and Charles, were farming here and stayed for 25 years or so, followed by Leo Weekes and Philip Bathard.


Hill Farm Above and below left Hill Farm (L) and Rachel's Cottage

Hill Farm The Itchington Road narrows to pass between these substantial buildings.

Click on the maps below to enlarge them.

OS Map 1878 revised 1901 of Hill Farm, Itchington OS Map 1957 revised 1970 showing Hill Farm and Itchington